Home Panel
smsfree.pk Channels
SMS Addons
Mobile Reviews & Prices
Mobile Secret Tricks
Login Panel


Online Users: 4
Registered Users: 16754

Travelling to Ireland for Study

Back to All about Immigration

Citizens of certain countries who wish to pursue a course of study in Ireland must apply for a visa to enter Ireland before they travel here. Students from the EU/EEA do not require a student visa to study in Ireland.

If you would like to study in Ireland and require a visa, you will need to present the following to your nearest Irish embassy or consulate with your visa application.

Copies of your educational qualifications
Letter of acceptance from a recognised school/college/university in Ireland confirming that you have been accepted on a course of study. This course of study must be full time and have a minimum of 15 hours per week study time. 
Evidence that the fees for the course have been paid in full. 
Evidence that you have enough funds to maintain yourself for at least the initial part of your stay. 
Access to employment while in Ireland on a student visa.

From 18th April 2005 new students given permisssion to remain in Ireland for study will not be given permission to work unless they are attending a full-time course of at least a year leading to a recognised qualification (recognised qualifications include those issued by the Dublin Institute of Technology, the universities, FETAC and HETAC). This change will not affect students who have permission to remain on the 18th April 2005. These students can continue to work part-time and study in Ireland for the remaining period of their visa. (See 'Renewal of student visas' below)

Renewal of student visas 
From 1st January 2005 students who are not on full-time courses of at least a year leading to a recognised qualification will only be allowed to extend their study visas when the total period of permissions granted is no longer than 18 months in total. If the student had permission to remain before 1st January 2005 this 18-month period is calculated from 1st January 2005.

Extending a student visa
If you wish to study in Ireland for less than three months you should apply for a 'C study visa'. If your course lasts longer than three months, you should apply for a 'D study visa'.

If you hold a 'C study visa' and wish to extend the period of your stay in Ireland, you should visit your local Garda station (police station) and present yourself to the Registration Officer for the area where you live. (The Registration Officer for your area will be a member of An Garda Siochana (the Irish police force). You may also be requested to apply in writing for your visa extension to the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform.

Generally speaking, the duration of a 'C study visa', (that is, a three month visa for study in Ireland) is not extended once you have arrived in Ireland. Extensions will be granted in exceptional cases only. It's very important therefore to make sure you know the duration of your course before you apply for a visa. Further information on how to apply to extend a student visa is under 'How to apply' below.

People who do not require visas to visit Ireland
You do not require a visa to visit Ireland if you are a citizen of an EU/EEA member State.

You do not need a visa to visit Ireland if you are from one of the countries listed below.

You require a visa if you are from a country not listed below.

Andorra, Antigua, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Dominica, El Salvador, Fiji, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Hong Kong, Iceland, Israel, Japan, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Nauru, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Macau, Maldives, Norway, Panama, Saint, Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino Seychelles, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Swaziland, Switzerland, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvala, United States, Uruguay, Vanuata, Vatican City, Venezuela, Western Samoa.

You do not need an entry visa if you hold a British Hong Kong passport and have a right of abode in Great Britain.

Travellers from British Dependent Territories (Colonies)
You do not require a visa if you are from British Dependent Territories (Colonies), which are:

British Antarctic Territory (South Georgia, South Sandwich Islands) 
British Indian Ocean Territory (Chagos Archipelago, Peros Banos, Diego Garcia, Danger Island) 
Cayman Islands 
Falkland Islands and Dependencies 
Pitcairn (Henderson, Ducie and Oneno Islands) 
St. Helena and Dependencies (Ascension Island, Tristan Da Cunha) 
The Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia 
Turks and Caicos Island 
British Virgin Islands 

Standard non-refundable visa application processing fees are:

Single-journey visa: 60 euro

Multiple-journey visa: 100 visa

Certain applicants are not required to pay a fee. They include non-EU Spouses of EU citizens and nationals of the countries listed below:

Ivory Coast 
Sri Lanka 
Serbia and Montenegro 
How to apply
Send your application for a student visa (pdf) to the Irish embassy or Consulate in or accredited to the country in which you normally live. If there is no Irish Embassy or Consulate in your country, send your visa application to your nearest Irish embassy or Consulate or the Visa Office, Department of Foreign Affairs, 13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2.

Extending a student visa for Ireland
The police registration officer in the area in Ireland where you live can advise you on any application forms you will need to complete to extend your student visa. Your application to extend your visa should contain the following information:

details of and proof of payment of course/study fees 
details of the course of study 
information on where you will live 
evidence that you are self-sufficient 
copy of your passport with your original study visa 
visa reference number and your nationality 
details of attendance if this is a further education course 
Where to apply
Your nearest Irish embassy or Consulate or:

Visa Office,
Department of Foreign Affairs,
13-14 Burgh Qua,y
Dublin 2.
Republic of Ireland
Tel: (01) 633 1000, intl: +353 1 633 1000 (Mon-Fri 2:30p.m. - 4:00pm)
E-mail: visa@iveagh.gov.ie

Garda National Immigration Bureau, 
13/14 Burgh Quay, 
Dublin 2. 
Tel: (01) 666 9100, from abroad: +00 353 1 666 9100

Tags:Student visas to study in Ireland, Irish Visas, Embassy, Requirements, Application Form, Department of Foreign Affairs, Government of Ireland
Number of Views: 2573

Thank you ! We have received your message.
©2012 wwww.smsfree.pk. All rights reserved. How can i BLOCK users from sending me SMS? | Block / Unblock Messages
Disclaimer: smsfree.pk is an entertainment, informational website and dedicated to provide you with free sms sending features. All mobile news, Recipes or any other stuff on the site have been collected from various sources from Public Domains. If you are the rightful owner of any article or any other stuff posted here, and object to them being displayed, please Email us contact[@]smsfree.pk ( For Removal), and it will be removed promptly. we are really Thankful for your Anticipation.