PTCL announced the availability of WiFi enabled Tenda routers that are compatible with its EVO and Nitro devices.
Tenda 3G EVO router is a battery powered (with three hours backup) 3G Wi-Fi router by Tenda (A Chinese company) which offers support for plug-in of EVO and Nitro USB modems to enable wireless internet connectivity for multiple devices simultaneously using a single USB device.
It supports power over USB, so you can plug in any PTCL EVO/Nitro USB and create an instant hotspot for sharing Evo 3G Wireless Broadband internet virtually anywhere.
Here is the web page for said Tenda router on its official website: http://www.tenda.cn
It merits mentioning here that PTCL previously introduced Evo Wi-Fi cloud that had similar capabilities – in fact it had built-in EVO device.
Unlike Evo Wi-Fi cloud, Tenda routers will not offer built-in EVO support, instead users will have to connect EVO or Nitro devices with router to start using internet through WiFi environment.
Tenda WiFi Routers that were already available in open Market, will be sold by PTCL for Rs. 4,000.
- Plug & Share Anywhere
- Portable 3G router designed for true mobility
- Convert your home/workplace into a personalized Wi-Fi zone with 3G connectivity sharing amongst multiple gadgets/users simultaneously
- Connects up to 5 users/ Wi-Fi gadgets at a time.
- Tenda 3G EVO router does not offer built-in EVO connectivity. 3G connectivity is established by plugging in PTCL EVO/Nitro devices into the router
- Compatible with all PTCL Evo & Nitro USB devices
- Excellent pocket size alternative to large DSL modems for home users & for business users with frequent travelling needs.
- Battery back-up time of up to 3 hours
- Secure connectivity through a unique identification key for each device
- Enjoy seamless roaming in 200+ cities nationwide at EVO speeds with nitro connectivity in more than 70 cities across the country.
- 1 year warranty by Tenda.